Huron County
Common Pleas Court
Probate and Juvenile Divisions

Marriage License

      Marriage License Information

  • If one of the applicants is a resident of Huron County, then the license will be valid anywhere in the State of Ohio.
  • If both applicants are from out-of-state, then the license is valid only in Huron County.  (Applicants will need to talk to a Probate Clerk for further information if they are coming from out-of-state).
  • If one or both of the applicants require the services of an interpreter, applicant(s) will need to talk to a Probate Clerk for further information.
  • 18 years of age or older (if under 18 call Probate Clerk for requirements)
  • Must present current government photo identification such as a Driver's License, State ID or Passport.
  • Applicants must furnish the following information to complete the Marriage License Application: current address, city of birth, parents' full names and mother's maiden name.
  • If one or both applicant(s) were previously married and divorced, applicant(s) must present a copy of their Divorce Decree.
  • If one or both applicant(s) are widowed, applicant(s) must present a copy of the death certificate.
  • Marriage License fee is $65.00.  Can be paid by cash, credit, or debit only.  No personal checks will be accepted as payment. *Processing fees will apply for debit or credit card payments.
  • Applicants must call the Probate Court between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm to schedule an appointment to obtain their marriage license.
  • Marriage License is valid for 60 days.  There is no waiting period to use your Marriage License.
  • Both applicants must come to the Probate Office together with all the above documentation.
  • The officiator who will be performing your marriage must be licensed in Ohio.  Please let the Probate Clerk know if the person who will be marrying you is coming from out-of-state.

Obtaining a Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate

The fee to obtain a certified copy of a Marriage Certificate is $3.00 each.  This can be done in person, by phone or by mail.  

If you are sending your request by mail, please use this form:  Request for certified copy of marriage record

Credit Card payment can also be taken by phone to obtain a certified copy of your marriage certificate.  Additional processing fees will apply.  You can call and speak to a Probate Clerk for more details.