Huron County
Common Pleas Court
Probate and Juvenile Divisions

Birth Corrections and Birth Registrations


A person who claims to have been born in Ohio, whose registration of birth is not recorded, or who claims the record is not accurate, may file an application to register the birth or correct the birth record along with other various documents.

The application to correct the birth record or application to register a birth record must be accompanied by an affidavit of the attending physician, or by the affidavits of at least two persons having knowledge of the facts stated in the application, or by any other evidence the Court finds sufficient.


Birth Corrections and Birth Registrations

Birth Corrections - filing fee $63.00

Birth Registration - filing fee $65.00