Internships for College Students
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Whether your college major is a criminal justice or corrections-related field, law, psychology, social work, education, liberal arts, or business, Huron County Juvenile Court may have an internship opportunity for you.
Intern with the Juvenile Probation Department
- Accompanying and/or assisting probation officers on field contacts with delinquent youth.
- Performing telephone and computer inquiries to support probation officers in obtaining background checks and in following up on existing juvenile court cases.
- Assisting probation officers with conducting drug tests and with installing monitoring devices.
- Attending Court-ordered study groups at various Huron County locations to support certified teachers in the operation of the program.
- Assisting with the preparation, maintenance, and safeguarding of Court records and in maintaining the confidentiality of all juvenile files.
Intern with the Juvenile Court Services Department
Assisting with the delivery of Court Services’ programs such as
- Reach Our Youth (a mentoring program).
- CASA (the Court Appointed Special Advocate) program, which deals with the Court cases of abused, neglected, or dependent youth.
- Programs for delinquent youth (Community Service Learning Program, Study Groups).
- Assisting staff with contacts to more than 150 Court volunteers.
- Assisting with the preparation for and organization of Court Services’ special events (e.g., Reach Our Youth events, In-service training, and volunteer recognition).
- Assisting in the preparation, maintenance, and safeguarding of Court records and in maintaining the confidentiality of all juvenile cases.
Intern with the Juvenile and Probate Court Clerks
- Assisting Court clerks with the general office work involved in the Juvenile Court setting and in the preparation, maintenance, and safeguarding of Court records.
- Providing similar clerical assistance to the Probation Department and the Probate Court.
- Providing clerical and programming assistance to the Court Services Department (Also see “Intern with the Juvenile Court Services Department” for some of the many possibilities.).
- Assist with the filing of microfiche records in Probate Court.
To express your interest, call or send a resume to:
Nathan Perani, Court Services Coordinator
Huron County Juvenile Court
2 East Main Street, Room 101
Norwalk, OH 44857
Phone: (419) 668-1616
Fax: (419) 663-0944
Email address: email@example.com
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm